I just purchased Panasonic’s latest flagship bridge camera, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000. Below you will find my FZ1000 Unboxing Video. In it, I reviewed the FZ1000 specs, performed a detailed hands on review, and reviewed the included accessories. I also included links to where to purchase the camera and accessories. In a couple of weeks, I will be posting a full video review of the camera. For now, please enjoy the FZ1000 unboxing video.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 & Accessories
Below are links for purchasing the camera and the accessories I ordered:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- Transcend 128 GB High Speed 10 UHS-3 Flash Memory Card ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- 2 DMW-BLC12 Batteries and Battery Charger ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- Panasonic DMW-LMCH62 62mm MC Protector ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- Ravelli AVTP Professional 75mm Video Camera Tripod with Fluid Drag Head ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- Velbon PH-368 Vel-Flo 9 Mini-Pro, 2-Way Panhead with Quick Release ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- StudioFX 40″ Pro DSLR Camera Slider Dolly Track Video Stabilizer ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
- Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader ( Buy Now | User Reviews )
If plan to shoot 4K video with your FZ1000, be sure to purchase the right card! I purchased the Transcend 128 GB High Speed 10 UHS-3 Flash Memory Card. According to reviews on Amazon, 4k video with this card has already been verified by users of the Panasonic GH4. I’ll soon find out how well the card works for the FZ1000.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Initial Impressions
I’ll need to test the FZ1000 for a while before I can post a full video review. As of right now, I’m pretty happy with my purchase. I’ve been really impressed with its features and performance. I can’t wait to start filming with this thing. I’ll be posting pictures and test videos on TechRanker.net soon so check back soon for those posts.
So why did I get the Panasonic FZ1000?
I chose it primarily for its ability to shoot 4K video. I wanted to use 4K as a differentiator for my new video blog. I know there aren’t a lot of people out there using 4K displays yet. However, when the format catches on, I’ll already have some 4K content created.
Other features that attracted me to the FZ1000 include the 16x zoom, the fast and accurate auto focus, and the WI-FI remote control. I don’t think there’s another camera in this price range that has this combination of features.
Are you buying the Panasonic FZ1000?
Are you going to buy the FZ1000? Still on the fence? Considering another camera instead? Did the FZ1000 unboxing video influence your decisions? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.